Saturday, April 15, 2017

Mango Float: Is It Literally Floating?

We all love desserts! 


 Even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on.

This is one of my favorite foods in the world. When I was young, I always wandering why it is called Mango Float. Is it really floating? I mean literally? That sounds funny but I always enjoy seeing my mother, aunt, cousin and many more making Mango Floats. It's less expensive and it's very easy to make. I love it because of its unique flavor, color, and even the smell of grahams I can feel it.

For some, specially the kids, dessert is the best part of the meal.
But we all know how tedious and difficult it is to come up with delicious desserts, specially when talking about cakes. Of course, there’s an exception: the Mango Float or some people call it the Mango Ref Cake.
This ‘cake’ is really, really easy ( I wish I could give more emphasis) yet it is also so yummy at the same time! I remember, as a kid, this is the very first cake I made by myself.
Why not teach your kids to make one by themselves too. I’m sure they’ll love the cake as much as they’ll enjoy making it. Plus, I’m sure the whole family will love it too.
Learn how to make Mango Float here:

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups of fresh mangoes (thinly sliced)
  • 1 box Graham crackers
  • 1 tbsp Crushed Grahams (you can crush them yourself)
  • 1 can all- purpose cream
  • 1 can condensed milk

HOW TO MAKE:

  1. In a rectangular glass baking dish (or any rectangular container than can be frozen), arrange 8 to 10 pieces of graham crackers, then set aside.
  2. Chill the all-purpose cream for 30 minutes then whip it in a bowl.
  3. Fold the whipped cream with condensed milk, then mix well.
  4. Spread the milk and cream mixture over the layered Graham crackers placed at the bottom of the dish.
  5. Spread out the thin sliced mangoes evenly on top of the cream mixture.
  6. Make another layer of graham crackers; spread the cream then the mango slices.
  7. You can opt to do as many layers as you want.
  8. Garnish topmost layer with mangoes and sprinkle the crushed graham.
  9. Chill the Mango Float for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
http://www.angsaraprecipes.com/easy-mango-float-ref-cake-recipe/ 
 
 
 
Many of Filipinos are really fond of making different versions of food. I am really grateful that I know somehow how to make Mango Float. Thanks to Google and the people behind different discovery of foods. I will always love you <3 
 
Don't forget to make this at home! I hope you learn something. Thank You! 
 

1 comment:

Why We Love Sir Mon?

Teachers love every student in their class, even the ones that are hard to love and hard to be loved. Teachers are always there when we ...